Wednesday, July 30, 2008

When Racing Isn't Fun - Pacific Raceways 7/29


It was a small and sad field yesterday. Not many people want to ride in the rain in July. If I hadn't promised Dave a ride home I would have probably skipped out too! They combined fields and I burned way to many matches in the first 20 minutes. When the cat 1,2,3's attacked on the climb I had nothing left and got dropped. Me an an Old Town guy worked together for the rest of the race. When I crossed the line they say "you got 5th!". What? I guess everyone else dropped out, but I'm too cheap after spending 15 dollars to race, I need to get my money's worth. :)

I think Dave got 2nd in the cat 4/5.

The best part didn't happen until this morning. As I dropped Dave off last night he gets this expression on his face and says "I left my ipod on the bed cover of your truck!". I told him that PIR is near my work so I'll go back in the morning (he's without a car right now). Sure enough laying in the road to the exit of the track is his black Ipod nano, wrapped neatly in a zip lock bag!

We gotta work on Dave's musical selection though.

No comments: