Wednesday, September 3, 2008

10 Things to look forward to at the Republican Convention

No, I did not write these but I thought they were worth sharing...

  1. Men’s rooms specially designed to allow for a wide stance
  2. Overenthused delegates start drilling for oil on convention floor
  3. Sarah Palin stopped by security, asked for ID (NICE!)
  4. Enraged, chanting crowd burns effigy of Keith Olbermann
  5. Confused Ron Paul delegate forgets which convention he’s at, shows up wearing Iron Man costume
  6. Repeated attempts to serve both God and Mammon
  7. Angry women in heavy makeup who refuse to accept they haven’t been a trophy wife since 1984
  8. Nights two and three entirely dedicated to explaining that Bill Clinton must be stopped before he destroys the world
  9. Fred Thompson challenges Karl Rove to an old-fashioned Tennessee jowl-off
  10. More black speakers than in the last hundred and fifty years combined
Is it November 4 yet?

3 comments:

Daniel T said...

As someone who votes republican generally, I know I definitely need a wide stance bathroom stall for many reasons.

Daniel T said...

By the way, I don't want to vote for anyone this year.

Brian Tucker said...

The tough part is wondering if your candidate will REALLY make a difference or if things are just going to get better or worse regardless. But, you still have to hope.

I have a pretty strong personal stance on also not voting for a candidate simply because of their religious views alone. (Jeremy and I disagree on this one) I think a lot of people voted for Bush because of his conservative Christian nature, but that doesn’t make you a good President. We can’t elect leaders using our own personal religious beliefs as a key driver. It’s America and what makes it great is you can believe in God, marry who want (well…almost) and do it freely. I might not agree with someone and their lifestyle, but it’s not my place to judge and I just need to try to live by example (and continually asking for grace). As our nation gets more diverse and the world gets smaller, separation of church and state becomes even more important in my opinion.

That’s my soapbox for the afternoon. :)