Saturday, November 8, 2008

La Fermata - Bremerton



My wife and I decided to head over to Bremerton on Saturday night so we didn't have to get up so early for the next SCX race at Bremerton Fairgrounds.

We're staying at Illahee Manor B&B and our stay has been excellent! Just one little hicup...

We had asked for a restaurant recommendation and they said if we liked Italian to try La Fermata
down off 11th ave. We made a 7:45 reservation which seemed to come up rather quickly. We show up about 8 minutes early and the host looked at us a little funny but they promptly seated us.

It seemed strange but we went with the flow. Our server proceeded to take us through 3 courses of amazing "downtown Seattle" quality food (and wine...oh well it's just a race right?). When I looked at my watch I was wondering why we finished a 3 course meal in and hour. Hmmmm...

We started to think a little harder, we based our schedule off the room clock and I had forgot my watch. Katie throws out the idea that maybe the clock wasn't set back last week for daylight savings? Nah...

Well...we asked our sever "were we early?" He replies "yep, by about an hour! We just though you were excited to see us!". Good save. :)

Seriously, amazing food, amazing service (and I left an amazing well deserved tip). This place rocks and if I'm in Bremerton again I'll be back!

No comments: