Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's Over...

Well, the Starbucks GP has come and gone. I was in bed by 7:30 that night (thank you daylight savings) and didn't wake up for 12 hours. I missed Donida Farms because I was just too tired.

And I'm totally addicted to race promotion. :)

Overall, the event went really well and my awesome teammates were there to help pull the entire thing off. Rory and Deanna were great. David and Bilko did an incredible job of scoring and announcing. Thanks to my coach David for coming out and racing!

My only downer was that the turnout was so so...but that's to be expected the first year...and the day after Halloween...and on a Saturday with a series race the next day. For an idea hatched in August though we can't complain. Next year we'll get a better date.

The only scare came in the final race of the day on the final lap when a First Rate guy's tire came off the rim, sucked into the fork and LAUNCHED him over the bars. He was slow to get up (understandingly) and I was thinking "I made it the whole day without anyone getting hurt until now!". Much to all of our surprise he got up, grabbed his bike an ran to the finish. Freak'in Hard Core.

I also watched Jeff Anderson from Cucina Fresca run half a lap when he flatted his front tire. And let me tell you our laps were LONG (we'll fix that next year...). There is something pretty awesome about putting on an event and watching people compete. I don't know how to explain it.

If you haven't yet, check out Steven Bisig's photo site. He's donating all proceeds to the Fred Hutch Survivorship program. He's an awesome photographer and also a really great guy.

Now I'm scraping together my training plan and getting ready for the ferry ride. Mud anyone??!?!

No comments: